Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What Have I Learned?

I learned that there sure are a lot of names given to the different ways we communicate. Who knew? Many of the labels I already knew what they were, but without the label. So now I know what they are. The labels and definitions help me to recognize where someone is coming from (e.g., what is their angle?) so I can communicate better with people.

I learned that group communication takes work. And even if you're willing to try and understand everyone in your group they may not want to reciprocate. They just want to go about their business and get it over with. Sometimes, though, this attitude is a breeding ground for mistakes. It's better to take the time at the beginning and every step of the way to do things right, then to try and fix them in the end when it's just too late. I think having more than just a few meetings is also important to make sure the job gets done right.

I never knew there were so many symbols to communication. I had never heard of these Truth-Tables before. Now that was a new bit of information that took me by surprise. It was also all very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment