Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hardest Concepts to Learn

The Truth-Tables were a bit hard to chew. I would have enjoyed having you teach this one online via video or some other media so we can see you teach these concepts. Maybe we could have had some question and answer via online video, also.

The truth-tables are made up of symbols. For example,

and = ˄
or = ˅
not = ┐
if…then… = →

They remind me of math flowcharts or office flowcharts, e.g., if this, then that, and if not that then go in the direction the arrow is pointing towards. “How compound claims use them depend on the truth or falsity (truth-value) of the claims from which they are built.” Epstein, p. 359.

This was still the hardest to learn for me. I'm not even sure if I totally grasped these. But at least I was exposed to them and now know what they look like.

1 comment:

  1. Your first sentence really got me hooked. I like how you said the truth tables were a "bit hard to chew". Anyways, I have to agree with most of the things you have mentioned in your post. I also think it'll better if Ms. Perez made some online videos explaining some of the tough concepts so we can understand it better. Like you said, it'll even be much better if we ask her about something we don't understand so that she can answer all of our questions on a video or something. I also have to agree with you about how complicated the truth tables are. The symbols sometimes confuse me because I sometimes I would forget which symbols stands for which words so that kinda threw me off a little.

    ReplyDelete